Wayne County has a vibrant, progressive business climate and sustainable economy that attains parity with state averages of leading economic indicators.
- Assist existing businesses in attaining their growth potential
- Attract higher-wage industries, including technology-led business development.
- Attract increased investment to Wayne County in order to retain and generate jobs
- Collaborate with the Wayne Pike Workforce Alliance (WPWA) to ensure the availability of a skilled workforce to strengthen our existing businesses and attract new investment.
- Develop an entrepreneurial ecosystem that provides a structure for business development that is adaptive, integrated, and forward-thinking
- Encourage and support an entrepreneurial culture within the County
- Ensure that enabling infrastructure is developed to meet business opportunities, including ready-to-go sites, telecommunication networks, utilities and transportation resources
Wayne County has a forward-thinking broadband technology platform that is affordable, sustainable, scalable and sufficient to attract targeted, transformative industries.
- Broadband technology is integrated with and supportive of Wayne Tomorrow’s vision for digital and sustainable communities
- Determine educational needs for adequate technical support of systems / solutions
- Develop a technology platform that includes forward-thinking, wireless service and fiber back-haul
- Garner funding for broadband infrastructure, management, and maintenance of publicly-owned portion of network
Wayne County’s development in all sectors is supported by strong infrastructure, ready-to-go sites, telecommunication networks, utilities and transportation resources.
- Build on Energy opportunities, including natural gas, renewable and alternative energy
- Continue to develop pad ready industrial sites.
- Develop broadband technology platform that is affordable, sustainable, scalable, and sufficient to attract targeted, transformative industries (See Goal 2)
- Re-establish railroad for tourism and industry
- Support improvement of aging bridge, roads, and water and sewer systems
Goal 4 is to match Wayne County’s workforce with current and future job opportunities.
- Align targeted industries to job skills and training/education opportunities