Goal 1 is to develop community hubs, places that will foster a sense of belonging and connection through shared activities.
- Conduct community focus groups to distill input from and needs in individual communities
- Establish countywide advisory group to support each other and the development of hubs and related indoor / outdoor activities
- Inventory existing spaces
- Launch individual hub activities
- Survey local residents regarding interest in community hubs, the who, what, where, when, and why
Goal 2 is to ensure that children entering kindergarten have the basic physical, mental and social skills to succeed.
- Break negative cycle plaguing socio-economic sub-section of families in Wayne County
- Create a coalition of agencies, organizations and professionals that regularly interact with children ages 0 to 5 and their families. Coalition’s charter will be to raise awareness of issues causing lack of readiness and identify potential solutions.
- Use the tools that are easy and free for parents to use with their children
Goal 3 is to ensure that all residents, businesses and institutions have access to digital technologies and content that enables them to support healthy, prosperous and cohesive community across the county.
- Create a digital hub
- Form a committee that will focus on web information gathering, design and filtering including the economic feasibility of ongoing data / information maintenance
Goal 4 is to promote property maintenance standards in order to protect boroughs and townships from deterioration which can negatively impact property values, safety and public welfare.
- Garner support from multiple constituents such as community association boards, and local citizens and administer approach through the Pike / Wayne Realtors Association
- Identify prototype ordinances to be shared
- Make model ordinances available to all township supervisors and borough councils