Logo Usage Standards
Logo Usage Standards
The following standards define the limitations and restrict the usage of the AgroLegacy brand and logo. These standards are for all uses – all may not apply to your business.
- Produce products: To be marketed as AgroLegacy, the fruit and vegetable products must be grown on a certified AgroLegacy farm.
- Meat products: To be marketed as AgroLegacy, the animal must have spent 75 percent of its life on a certified AgroLegacy farm.
- Nursery plants and trees: To be marketed as AgroLegacy, plants and trees (at the point of sale) must have spent at least 75% of life beyond propagation or at least one year on a certified AgroLegacy farm.
- Processed food products: Food processing is any deliberate change in a food that occurs before it’s available for us to eat. It can be as simple as chopping or drying to adding value by processing into jams and sauces. To market processed food products as AgroLegacy, you must comply with all of the following restrictions:
- Total product by weight – excluding water, flour, sugar, oil and salt – must be 75% from certified AgroLegacy farms.
- Total product by weight – including all ingredients – must be 40% local ingredients from certified AgroLegacy farms.
- No single component ingredient can come from a mixture of local and non-local sources. For example, a jar of salsa cannot use a combination of AgroLegacy tomatoes and tomatoes from a non-local source.
- Freshly prepared foods: Foods that are freshly prepared are those foods identified on a menu or otherwise displayed, or served ready to eat. The AgroLegacy logo should be used to showcase dishes that feature ingredients from AgroLegacy farms and not dishes with token amounts of locally grown ingredients. To market freshly prepared foods as AgroLegacy, you must comply with the following restrictions:
- 40% or more of the content of menu and deli items by volume must be from certified AgroLegacy farms.
- Any ingredients included in the name of the dish must be from an AgroLegacy certified farm.
- Farmers Markets: To be marketed as AgroLegacy, the market must meet and maintain the requirements for certification. Market Managers should only use the AgroLegacy brand and logo to promote the market not individual products.